Doro makes technology accessible for seniors – so they can live better lives!
Doro’s products and services create the possibility for seniors to live active and independent lives and ensure peace of mind when it matters the most.
By using smart innovations and technology specifically adapted to seniors’ needs, Doro enables generations to connect digitally, both at home and whilst out and about.
Want to join us? We are looking for a Category Manager who shares our passion. If that’s you, we would love to hear from you!
The position as Category Manager Smart Devices gives you the opportunity to work in a team with a clear sense of purpose in an international organization where using innovative technology to help seniors is our core business.
At Doro, we strive for a work-life balance. We offer you a dynamic workplace where you can continue to develop your skills in an environment where we co-operate and support each other.
You will work from our bright, spacious office close to the Central Station in Malmö with many places to go for lunch, close to shopping and gyms. After the pandemic, we have a flexible approach allowing you to work two days per week remote.
About the position
Doro is on a very exciting journey and wants to expand our portfolio with new products and services and build an eco-system to help seniors live a better life.
The Category Manager Smart Devices (CMSD) is responsible for the category’s contribution as a business unit to the overall profit and loss of the company. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products & services, to developing new products for the Doro Smart Devices portfolio. You will work closely with the other Category Managers to keep the synergies and find a cross-functional roadmap within our full range of products.
The current products within the category are easy-to-use Smartphones, such as Doro 8050, Doro 8080, and our newly launched flagship model Doro 8100. The current services within the category are Response by Doro & My Doro Manager.
This job will include regular travels to visit our Doro offices in Europe and once/twice per year to Doro Hong Kong office, as well as attend Doro internal and customer external meetings locally and abroad, mobile conferences, fairs, and exhibitions.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain an optimal portfolio and roadmap in terms of an ecosystem.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical and operational activities.
- Develop a creative environment in the organisation.
- Search, recommend and define new products and services to launch.
- Have broad knowledge and understanding of the market, including our customers – operators and retailers – and our competitors and partners.
- Have useful insights into our end users' desires, challenges, and pain points, i.e., the seniors.
- Be responsible for key milestones according to “Doro Way” (Doro’s product and project management implementation methodology) and work closely with the assigned technical project managers, purchasing manager, marketing, sales, and other internal departments.
Profit & Loss Responsibility
- Responsible for the P&L of the category.
- Create, evaluate, and recommend valid business cases for new products and services.
- Appraise opportunities and business proposals from Sales as well as customers and external partners.
Go-to-market and Launch Planning
- Implement company-wide go-to-market and roll-out plans, working with concerned departments to successfully launch the products and services.
- Support Sales with sales material, presentations, technical and products & services breakdowns and explanations.
Are you the one?
In this role, it is important that you are energetic and self-motivated, but also that you are analytical and well-organized. You must be very good at convincingly pitching the ideas and have an ability to gather members from different organisations around common objectives, we, therefore, see that you are an excellent communicator, verbally and in writing, and have excellent presentation skills. We assume you are fully fluent and confident in at least one Scandinavian language and English, and additional languages are positive.
We prefer that you have a technical, creative background that enables you to understand the solutions that can help our seniors with their daily life with the future of Smart Devices. This of course requires a great taste of strategic insights, an understanding the future trends & technologies as well as leadership skills and an analytical way of thinking.
We see that the category is developing more and more towards software and services, so a good understanding of Android CTS, CCD, GMS is beneficial, as well as hardware knowledge. Having worked with or for mobile operators and having good insights into their needs and challenges, as well as an ability to negotiate with them, is positive.
We are looking for someone genuinely interested in both the creative and technical processes of developing products and services and commercial marketing. You love to work in a technical & commercial environment combined with a strong marketing perspective and are eager to develop ideas and turn them into profit-making products & services.
The position requires 10-15 years of experience in marketing and/or product management and/or project management with a good knowledge of the telecom, electronic, or Internet industry. Be product and marketing-oriented, understand the product range, features, and technical perspective and understand how the market and sales work and what makes customers tick.
A university degree in marketing/business and/or engineering/technology is preferable, and ideally a combination.
We will interview candidates on an ongoing basis and therefore ask you to send in your CV today! Due to the summer holidays, this process will take longer than normal.
Doro is a technology company focused on seniors. We develop products for seniors to live independent, fulfilling lives. Doro is a Swedish company with headquarters in Malmö and a sales operation in 27 countries. Doro’s shares are quoted on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange. www.doro.com/corporate
Director Category Management