Do you want to make a difference? Doro makes technology accessible for seniors – so they can live better lives! Our products and services create the possibility for seniors to live active and independent lives, and ensure peace of mind when it matters the most.
You can be part of this journey by developing smart innovations and technology specifically adapted to seniors’ needs, enabling generations to connect digitally.
Want to join us? We are looking for a Usability specialist with a passion for ergonomics, details and technology. If that’s you, we'd love to hear from you!
The position as Usability specialist gives you the opportunity to work in a team with a clear sense of purpose in an international organization where using innovative technology to help seniors is our core business.
At Doro, we strive for a work-life balance. We offer you a dynamic workplace where you can continue to develop your skills in an environment where we co-operate and support each other.
You will work from our bright, spacious office close to the Central Station in Malmö with many places to go for lunch, close to shopping and gyms. After the pandemic, we have a flexible approach allowing you to work remote two days per week.
About the position
In this role, you'll be working closely with Category Management and R&D to set focus on the usability aspects of our products.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Based on user research and ergonomic principles, defining features of the product. Participating in the design process by creating mockups and providing wireframes (low fidelity) with prototyping tools and workflows to explain the feature to the stakeholders and development team.
- Working with specification writer, designer and developers to improve the user interface. Assure consistency of the UI/UX consistency intra and inter products and services within the Doro portfolio. Testing the implementations on different versions of requirements.
- Collecting user feedback and analyzing the results. Usability testing and understanding users’ behaviour. Exploring the potential for improvements.
Analyzing user data to understand the product use.
Are you the one?
In this role, it is important that you have good communication and collaboration skills to work with multidisciplinary teams. During projects you will interact with different entity members within R&D (PM, tester, developer), Category Manager, Marketing, and Design.
The position requires at least 4 or 5 years of experience in a similar role and a Master’s degree in cognitive ergonomics or usability engineering or UX expert.
The perfect candidate has a combination of several or all of the below skills:
- experience with the User Centered Design methodologies and user research to apply to products or services such as:
- Heuristic evaluation / cognitive walkthrough,
- usability testing,
- interviews / focus group,
- task analysis,
- knowledge about accessibility domain (principles, recommendations of WAI group) as we are developing products for users that might experience one or several impairments (audition, sight, dexterity, cognitive…)
- knowledge about the usability and product design principles (device hardware)
- experience in using Firebase/analytics data and functionalities
- knowledge regarding medical device design according to FDA regulations and standards
We will interview candidates on an ongoing basis and therefore ask you to send in your CV today! Due to the summer holidays, this process will take longer than normal.
Doro is a leading technology brand for seniors developing consumer products and services to support an active and independent life. By using technology, Doro enables generations to connect digitally – both while at home and when out and about. Doro is a Swedish company, listed on Stockholm Nasdaq Stock Exchange, and is the market leader in mobile phones for seniors. The company is headquartered in Malmö and has sales operations in 27 countries. In 2021, Doro’s Consumer operations had 112 employees and net sales amounted to SEK 1 039.6 million. Read more about Doro on our website www.doro.com/