At Doro, we are dedicated to helping seniors live better life. We care about the seniors – they are our heroes. Everyone should have the opportunity to live a fulfilling life without compromises. We want to make aging an independent, secure, and rich part of life. Our wide portfolio of senior phones connects generations. Doro is the European market leader in mobile phones for seniors.
Want to join us? We're looking for a Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Manager (RACM) who shares our passion. If that's you, we'd love to hear from you!
About the position
The RACM being a hands-on specialist in charge of regulatory, compliance, GDPR, ISO, environmental, and sustainability requirements that impact Doro, our product, and services. Monitoring the regulatory landscape, including the EU and the UK, and local legislation may impact Doro within the telecoms and home electronic business areas. Identifying key regulatory opportunities and risks, advise and support Doro to protect against and/or take advantage of these opportunities and risks, manage responses to regulatory communications, enforcement actions, and other government inquiries and consultations, as well as assist in regulatory and compliance issues within Doro’s bid management.
You will support reaching the company sustainability targets through sustainability initiatives that are evaluated and prioritized according to impact, cost/benefit, and visibility. Also, ensure we uphold the ISO9001 certification, know relevant environmental regulation and reporting needs, and ensure policies, systems, and processes.
The RACM will be an important function of liaising with and supporting several departments and having many internal and external interfaces. Provide end-to-end analysis and support to ensure compliance and follow-up in the countries where Doro intends to offer its products and services.
The role description, in detail
As RACM, you will be responsible from a regulatory and sustainable perspective to ensure all steps in the Doro Way (Doro’s ISO-certified Quality Management System for product and project development and life-cycle management) process; from stating and reviewing regulatory landscape and requirements, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are accounted for, to finally assessing regulatory compliance before product and services are moved into production and made available for sale.
Once a product or service has been launched, the RACM will be responsible for coordinating Product, Sales, and Bid Managers in their dealings with regulatory requirements in tenders, RFQs, and questions from Doro’s customers, as well as Legal, Quality, and Customer Service Managers in handling potential requests from regulatory authorities.
- Be Doro’s primary point of contact for Regulatory Affairs and Compliance related issues, including but not limited to EU, the UK, and local Regulations within Doro, Environmental Regulation, Data Integrity and Protection/GDPR, Sustainability, and ISO.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze international and local telecoms regulatory requirements and policies that may impact Doro, its products, services, and customers.
- Keep abreast of the ever-changing regulatory landscape, guidelines, and policies. Analyze and advise on the impact of these.
- Be proactive in making Doro aware of the impending product or regulatory issues that present a risk to Doro’s business.
- Perform regulatory assessments in new development projects.
- Advise project teams on pre-market regulatory requirements, export and labeling requirements, study compliance, etc.
- Balance sustainability initiatives, evaluate and prioritize according to impact, cost/benefit
- Identify guidance documents, international standards, or consensus standards and provide interpretive assistance.
- Draft EU- and UK declarations of conformity and evaluate necessary documentation for signing the declaration of conformity, such as General safety and performance requirement checklists and Technical Documentation for compliant CE marking of our products.
- Investigate non-conformance issues.
- Identify training needs and organize training in Regulatory Compliance.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
Are you the one?
You have extensive experience from regulatory roles in the consumer electronics industry and have good knowledge of quality management systems. Preferably a university degree in Law, Science, or Engineering.
You are a hands-on, self-motivated problem-solver with organizing skills and attention to detail. You have an excellent ability to interpret legal requirements and explain them in a concrete fashion. You have great communication skills, verbally, in writing, and presentation. You are fluent in Swedish and English with additional capabilities in German or French seen as positive.
The Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Manager will be based at Doro HQ in Malmö, Sweden, reporting to our Quality Assurance & Customer Service Director. The role is full-time during regular business hours, although additional evening or weekend work may be required to meet deadlines during busy periods. Occasional traveling to Doro’s various European sales offices as well as Asian suppliers is required.
Doro is a technology company focused on seniors. We develop products for seniors to live independent, fulfilling lives. Doro is a Swedish company with headquarters in Malmö and a sales operation in 27 countries. Doro’s shares are quoted on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange. www.doro.com/corporate